Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Have your natural nails been ruined by acrylic false nails?

i was never warned that the false nails I had put on would completely ruin my real nails indefinately am I alone?Have your natural nails been ruined by acrylic false nails?
No you aint alone. Acrylic is known to 'mash' up people's nail, but regardless of that I get doing them because after I took them off and so the state my nails was in I just kept doing them to cover it up. Now I trying to grow my nails naturally, they are weak, they curve funnily...if I could do it all again, I would just try growing my nails naturally with a good nail hardener and regular visits to the nail technician.





Apparently, silk wrap is better for you nails, but I aint gonna go thereHave your natural nails been ruined by acrylic false nails?
It isn't the fake nails, it's the way they are applied. In our hurry hurry, world, too often women go for convenient and cheap rather than time consuming and more expensive. They goto mall nail salons instead of finding a good nail tech who cares about them. They get their nail applied with the aid, basically, of a Dremel, instead of having just the top layer removed with a file. A good nail tech will not ruin your nails by applying acrylic.





Also, some feel they can peel the acrylic off if they see some lifting. They are afraid they will trap some water there and grow a fungus, so instead of removing them properly, they pry them off and take several layers of their natural nail with them.
Yes they do ruin your nails but there's hope. If you stop using acrylic nails and take care of your natural nails they will become healthy again.
I have not had fake nails in 6 years...my real nails still crack and are brittle after they get a certain length. I have tried every nail ';fix'; out there...nothing works for me:( Nope, your not alone:)
I tried it once and kept them on for a month and couldnt stand it. After i took them off my nails were so brittle and weak ansd would not get growing right for about 6 months. Every time they would grow a little they would tear. NEVER AGAIN!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try putting Vicks Vapor Rub on them every night before you go to bed. I know it sounds strange, but it will give you back your normal healthy nails. Have patience, it takes a long time for the nail to grow out completely.
I've had them done once adn swore never again.





Firstly the girl cut my own nails really short (I don't know why) and the false ones pulled the top protective layer of my own nail.





It to about 2 months for my own nails to feel normal again.
False nails are evil! I had gel nails for 2 years and I had them taken off two years ago and I'm still suffering however I got this great stuff from OPI nail care and its really helped
yes i what it does do my nails and taking them off makes it worse it took most of my nails off almost completely on the up side when you have them done they look stunning.
I've never had acrylics just for that reason. I know women who have gotten them, and have had their own nails really damaged. Removing them makes your own nails become really thin....and a friend of mine even got nail fungus, because of them.





Nail fungus is not easy to get rid of, as it lies beneath the nail bed. Topical treatments do not work.
If you take more protien and calcium it will help your natural nail be thicker and longer. I take calcium pills and my nail break less often
no way girl! I have had my nails almost completely RUINED by them, your not alome, trust me!
you can go to the grocery store and in the aisle with Jello get a box of ';KNOX GELATIN'; drink that and your nails will be restored after approx. two weeks.
I had acrylics about 4 years ago that cost 拢40..they looked great then I caught my nail and it broke halfway down...that was the most painful thing and from the on i swore to never get them again...they are dangerous!





I know what you mean about the nails cos i took mine off myself and you just have to keep your nails short and wait for the bad nail to grow out, but thank god they are fine nw....you just gotta be patient

No comments:

Post a Comment