Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am letting my natural nails grow out after having acrylic, how do I keep polish from chipping off.?

if your natural nails are very damaged..... first buff your nails so that you get all the ridges out then use a nail hardener and top coat.....that should help.....you need to wait until the damaged nail fully grows out....then things will get back to normal....I am letting my natural nails grow out after having acrylic, how do I keep polish from chipping off.?
Try a good clear coat. Nail Fitness is the best one I've used. It's not super-glossy and leaves your nails with a nice natural sheen. My manicurist also recommends massaging in a good cuticle cream a few times a day, plus cuticle oil.I am letting my natural nails grow out after having acrylic, how do I keep polish from chipping off.?
use a base coat before you polish
When I did that, I just kept applying Nailtek or Nailtiques - two thin coats a day to protect the nail surface. I also drank one envelope of Knox for Nails each day for two months. The sensitivity was the problem plus they were now so thin. I believe the KNox helped the new growth to be stronger. Good luck!
Good quality base coat, followed by two thin coats of the colour, then a good quality top coat.
STOP USING POLISH. Leave your nails alone for a while. A simple manicure at home is all you need to do. It should take several months before you see your own, natural healthy nails return.
You can still go get a manicure and ask them to let you sit under the gel light. Otherwise, just keep your bottle with you. There's a product called ';Out the Door'; that helps somewhat but it's gonna be NOTHING like it was with the acrylics. You'll need lots more touchups. Consider buying yourself a gel light... it's worth it if you like your manicure to stay right. . . without a thousand touchups.
ah, nails after acrylic is brutal! it took forever for me to get healthy nails back...but keeping nail polish on is a lot harder with natural nails because of the oil on them, ur best bet is to a base and top coat of clear with whatever color u chose between, any more layers than that is unecessary and will cause easier chipping, just be careful of what tasks you do that could damage your nails and you'll be fine, best of luck......





-Calli
2 products i like and are fairly inexpensive are the mary kay base/top coat and the sally hansen products.
Put a clear coat on each day. Trust me it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment