Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am trying to grow my natural nails out,how can I get the left over stain of polish off, tryed sandpaper?

NEVER use sandpaper on nails. They damage and weaken your nails (yes, this includes nail files too--too many have too harsh grit on them)





I'm assuming the left over stain is of a yellow variety and that it was left over by a very dark polish. A remedy I've found that works is to soak your nails in some hydrogen peroxide and then lightly scrub then with a nail brush.





In the meantime, to protect nails from getting stained again AND to strengthen them, apply a basecoat before you polish.I am trying to grow my natural nails out,how can I get the left over stain of polish off, tryed sandpaper?
I never knew that the bleaching product existed. I bought it and on one of my nails I got a very sharp pain but it didn't last more than a few minutes. It only helped a little but I will use it again in the future.

Report Abuse


I am trying to grow my natural nails out,how can I get the left over stain of polish off, tryed sandpaper?
promise me you won't ever use sandpaper again!


try using the 3 step (or more) buffers where you SLIGHTLY get rid of the very top layer of your nail-using sandpaper will take away too much and make your nails weak. you really can't get rid of the stain, because the whole nail down to the bottom layer is stained, but they do have some bleaching products that aren't too expensive (only about $6), try using one of those. Don't use any nail polish-besides clear- because sun exposure will help ';bleach'; the nail back to it's original color





here's an example of the bleaching stuff : http://www.cosmeticbag.com/cgi-bin/cm.cgi?target=sos_bleach





Best of luck!
Try toothpaste, or hydrogen peroxide. If you can't get the stain out completely, use a tinted clear polish to cover it. When you use a dark polish again, make sure you put a clear coat on before you use the color coat.
Nail polish remover??

No comments:

Post a Comment