Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why does my fingernail polish chip when I wear my nails natural but not when I apply acrylics(salon nails)?

I have been going natural with my nails for about 5 months but I still love my polishes but the only ';Bad'; thing is they chip like crazy I use sally hansen products %26amp; some OPI products, maybe I'm going with the wrong line of polishes, topcoats ect. Any suggestions or should I just get my acrylics (salon nails, tips) back?..Thanks for all the answersWhy does my fingernail polish chip when I wear my nails natural but not when I apply acrylics(salon nails)?
Nail polish adheres better to acrylic nails because of the chemical composition. There is no oiliness to acrylic nails, so the nail polish can stick better. As well, because they are so stiff, they also don't bend or flex, which keeps the seal of the nail polish undisturbed.Why does my fingernail polish chip when I wear my nails natural but not when I apply acrylics(salon nails)?
It's got something to do with the adhesion of the polish to the acrylics vs adhesion to natural nails. I have the same problem, and I don't think it's the brand of polish you use. You might try a base coat and an overcoat and see if that helps. I just always polished my nails every night - back in the day when I dressed for going to an office.
I think it's something they put on the nails at the salon? If you really wanna know, ask your local salon.
I'M NOT SURE BUT I BELIEVE THAT YOUR NATURAL NAILS REACT TO YOUR BODY TEMPETURE, AND THE FLOW OF BLOOD TO YOUR FINGERS. WHEREAS THOSE ACRYLIC NAILS STOP ANYTHING FROM EFFECTING YOUR NATURAL NAILS BECAUSE THEY ARE COVERED WITH THAT ACRYLIC AND CANNOT BREATH AS THE NATURAL NAIL DOES. SO FINGERNAIL POLISH CAN EASLY STAY ON AN ACRYLIC NAIL LONGER THAN THE NATURAL NAIL.
First, put on a good layer of adhesive (my nails always chip unless i do this) and LET IT DRY!! then, put on your nail polish in THIN coats, (use only three strokes if possible--one on the left, one in the middle, one on the right) and let each one completely AIR DRY before you put the next layer on. Then, when you have put on enough coats to get the right color, put on 2 layers of clear topcoat and let them air dry too. (Air drying helps them stay longer and it also makes them shinier) and don't pick at them.
get a good base coat. 2 coats of your color polish then a top coat let each coat DRY at least 15 min apart.
I think it is because the real nail is actually smoother on the top than the acrylic (or gel) Real nails also bend easier, and can cause a crack in the nail polish, then it chips and peels.





This might seem strange, but I actually lightly file the real nail to give it some grip, then apply polish.





I also found that the cheap nail polish you buy at the chemist works best - unfortunatly it has toluene in it.





Polish will stay on acrylics because they dont bend, and it is slightly pourus because it is not a natural product, and it is filed. It will wear on the ends if you type though...





I recommend Gel for you. You can get colours, and it doesnt come off!! Have you tried to buy a kit and learn to do it yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment