Saturday, January 23, 2010

What can I use to make a good natural homeopathic non-toxic nail polish remover?

It's a bad nail job---botched my polishing on almost all nails. Grrr. Looks like my bottle of polish remover is MIA. I cannot utilize ';paint thinner'; or other such toxic items. I have mild COPD, a skin condition that would NOT take kindly to using ';strange'; products, plus hypersensitivity to fumes due to Fibromyalgia. Anybody has ANY ideas, I would greatly appreciate it--I need this off within a couple hours because I have appointments all day. **ARGH**!! By the way-- am OUT of alcohol, I **think**. Sighs. Ideas anybody??? What about lemon juice??? Vinegar was a no go. Help!What can I use to make a good natural homeopathic non-toxic nail polish remover?
If you have clear nail polish, swipe a thick coat of that over a nail, then wipe it off with a cotton bud or tissue. It's not perfect, but it will remove most of it. Nail polish is a sort of enamel, and it won't come off with things like alcohol and vinegar, lemon juice, or other things of the sort. Use nail polish to dissolve it and wipe it off as best you can until you can get the non-acetone polish remover.What can I use to make a good natural homeopathic non-toxic nail polish remover?
I think you meant ';natural'; remover.


Homeopathic stuff is completely useless here.





I'd just use acetone. The stuff is pretty much harmless as long as you don't light it on fire on swallow it. Technically it's not ';natural'; but it's also harmless and effective so who really cares?
I don't know how you would make it but I have chemical sensitives (I also have fibro) also, here is a site that sales all kinds of chemical free nail products.





www.greenfeet.com





I haven't ordered any of it yet but it looks awesome.
Nail polish remover is made from acetone. Anything that has acetone in it will work. Things like toner for photocopiers contain acetone.
Alcohol and Glyserin....or just glyserin
Go to the health food store they sell non-acetone remover you know!
I don't have an answer but if you try photocopy toner please post a picture. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment