Saturday, January 23, 2010

Heya! Does anyone know why gel nails are good for your natural nails?! Please help.xx?

I had gel nails quite few times! I love the fact that I can grow the nails very long without them breaking and the nail varnish stays without chipping and peeling fresh for 2 weeks - impossible with own nails.


What I hated was the thickness of the nails - it takes getting used to and also having to go to the salon for refills every 3 weeks. I always had them for 4 or 5 months and had them taken off. After that my own nails were always filed down, brittle, breaking and tearing off and i had to wait 3 months until the normal nails outgrew the damaged ones. This time around when growing the damaged bits out, I started taking Nail, Skin and Hair tablets and for the first time in about 3 years my own nails are nicely hard and damage free.Heya! Does anyone know why gel nails are good for your natural nails?! Please help.xx?
The technicians technique will play a big factor on how your nails fair during and after enhancements but I wouldn't say that Gel (or anything else) is good for your nails. The product acts as a hardener. Covering the surface to strengthen your nail and encouraging longer growth.





The Acrylic technique often requires a primer to be applied to the nail surface so that the product adheres and the Gel application does not. The primer is an acid that dehydrates the nail to stop oils getting trapped between the enhancement and the nail plate (this results in infection). Obviously this is not good for nails.





Also some Gel products claim to be porous so the nail plate can breathe.





These products as I said are not good for your nails but they will help you to grow lovely nails and feel a little girly at the beauty salon every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment