Thursday, January 21, 2010

Does anyone have any homemade/natural remedies for damaged nails?

Lately my finger nails have become really dry and nasty looking and they keep splitting at the top. Does anyone have any homemade/natural remedies? thank you.Does anyone have any homemade/natural remedies for damaged nails?
You may need more moisture or less stress. Try rubbing a little warm olive oil into your cuticles every night and cover your hands with lotion whenever you can -- especially at night. I find it helpful to use a heavier cream at night. If you use nail polish and remover, try to go without for a few weeks, and use a nail buffer and buffing creme, like Barielle. Nutrition can also play a role - make sure you're getting enough protein and calcium, and stay away from any extremely low-fat diets - a little healthy fat (like olive, peanut, or canola oil) helps to keep your skin and nails healthy. If you have been under a lot of stress, try exercise or relaxation tapes to help you handle it without causing your body to suffer as much.Does anyone have any homemade/natural remedies for damaged nails?
I've been using cuticle oil- SEACRET- every night when I go to bed. I put it on each fingernail, then on the dry spots on my hands, and rub it in like hand lotion- It's a little oily, but it is helping. I got mine on ebay, but I think you can get it in malls too- I just hate going into malls to get anything!
Eat jello
  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment